Carry your bike like a pro means you do it with ease, first time, every time.
MAX is made like a race bike, to give you the versatility to carry about any bike you own, up to 60 lbs., without any frame contact.
Other platform racks fold because they are simply too heavy to take on or off easily. Now it has become common practice to drive around with an empty rack. With the MAX your bikes are secure, and when you are done with the ride, you can elect to leave it on, where it won't block your hatch/trunk/tailgate, or plate or lights! Because it is so light, you can also remove it in seconds and toss it into the vehicle or hang it on a hook in the garage until it is time to ride again.
Sure, suction cup or hook and strap trunk racks that offer portability, but they don't come close to the MAX in ease of use, load capacity, security, or keeping your bike pristine! Plus, the MAX goes on or off the vehicle faster too!
When it is time to take a friend, don't worry. MAX was designed as a 2 bike system, and all you need to do is plug-in the Plus rack and you have an awesome 2 -bike system! Look at the advantages you obtain with the MAX rack:
- No need to remove a wheel
- Doesn't touch your frame, only the tires and wheels make contact
- Pro grade webbing is super strong and won't cut into carbon rims
- Mounts or removes in under a minute
- Low platform lift height makes it easy to load/ remove your bike
- Made with top quality aluminum, steel, and composites for years of service and high strength
- Finished with a premium, baked-on powder coat paint, with internal rust proofing on main beam
- Integrated anti-wobble tightly secures your rack to your vehicle for silent operation
- Expands in seconds to a great 2 bike rack ( MAX Plus module required)
- Doesn't block lights/ license or trunk/hatch access if you elect to leave it on the vehicle
- Easy to store in the vehicle or hang on a peg in the garage -great for first responder use
- Easy to assemble, and tools are included
- Pro quality Park Tool work station mounts directly into the rack ( optional )
- Custom finish available
SPECIFICATIONS: FITS STANDARD 2 INCH HITCH RECEIVER .
60 pound weight limit with one bike module, 50 pounds with 2 bikes. Accepts road/mountain and fat bikes with wheel and tires from 20 inches up to 29 inches with a 3.5 inch tire or a standard 26 x 5 fat bike style wheel. Do not use with a bike that has a front fender or tires that are able to maintain full air pressure
Maximum bike wheel base is 49.5 inches.
Assembly is required, with simple hand tools. Tools are supplied .
Free 48 state shipping -a $40-$45 added bonus!
Customers from Alaska, Hi , will be advised of the added surcharge prior to shipping. No international shipping at this time, sorry.
IMPORTANT : do not use the MAX or MAX Plus with bikes that have a front fender or rack, or with a front tire that is unable to hold air or be firmly inflated
With ANY rack, check to see that your exhaust is not directed at your rack. If you need to re-direct your exhaust, inexpensive parts are commonly available at auto parts stores to redirect your exhaust
note: may not accept some fat bikes with 27.5 diameter wheels and tires over 4 inches wide