The best of all worlds- Portability, ease of use, and versatility!
MAX delivers the ease of use and high strength that lets you load up about any bike in your garage, with just an easy lift and without touching your frame. When you are back from the ride, you have the option to leave the rack on the vehicle, remove it until it is needed again. It takes less than a minute to put it on or take it off!
The MAX racks give you a long list of advantages. Out of the box, we engineered the racks to be really easy to assemble, and include the basic tools just in case you don't have your own. While they look burly, we used high-strength alloys and composites just like top bikes - to reduce the weight to only 19 pounds, 8 ounces.
When you are done riding, you can toss MAX into your trunk or hatch, or hang it on a peg in the garage. Or not! The low profile design of the rack that gives it a really low lift height also means you don't have issues with opening a trunk/hatch/tailgate and the rack won't block your lights or license plate. Plus there are not any hassles in getting the rack to tilt or move away just to access your car.
The best part for many might be that the MAX is just about noiseless, with or without a bike on it! MAX features an integral anti-wobble element, securing your rack firmly into the hitch opening. Combined with the solidly constructed platform, there are few parts to move and make noise!
When it is time to take a friend, no worries. MAX was designed from the start as a 2 bike system, and all you need to do is plug-in the Plus rack- which only takes 2 bolts - and you have one of the best 2 -bike systems around! Look at the advantages you obtain with the MAX rack:
- No need to remove a wheel from the fork to load the bike
- Only the tires and wheels make contact, no frame contact
- Low platform lift height makes it easy to load/ remove your bike
- Made with top quality aluminum, steel, and composites for light weight/high strength and finished with a durable powder coat paint with a reflector for added visibility
- Pro grade webbing straps easily accommodate all wheel sizes, and won't score carbon rims
- Accepts road, gravel/cross/MTB, Fat and most e-bike styles without adaptors required
- Integrated anti-wobble tightly secures your rack to your vehicle for silent operation
- Expands in seconds to a great 2 bike rack ( MAX Plus module required)
- Doesn't block lights/ license or trunk/hatch access when on the vehicle
- Easy on -easy off- just one bolt
- Easy to store - in the vehicle ( great for first responder use) or just hang it on a hook in the garage
- Easy to assemble, tools are included
- Pro quality Park Tool work station (optional) makes working on bikes at races, etc. same as bike shop
- Custom finish available
SPECIFICATIONS: FITS STANDARD 2 INCH HITCH RECEIVER .
60 pound weight limit with one bike module, 50 pounds with 2 bikes. Accepts road/mountain and fat bikes with wheel and tires from 20 inches up to 29 inches with a 3.5 inch tire or a standard 26 x 5 fat bike style wheel.
Maximum bike wheel base is 49.5 inches.
Assembly is required, with simple hand tools. Tools are supplied . Average assembly time - 15 minutes.
Free 48 state shipping - an additional $45 to $60 savings!
Customers from Alaska, Hi , will be advised of the added surcharge prior to shipping. No international shipping at this time, sorry.
IMPORTANT : do not use the MAX or MAX Plus with bikes that have a front fender or rack, or with a front tire that is unable to hold air or be firmly inflated
With ANY rack, check to see that your exhaust is not directed at your rack/ wheels. If you need to re-direct your exhaust, inexpensive parts are commonly available at auto parts stores to redirect your exhaust
note: may not accept some fat bikes with 27.5 diameter wheels and tires over 4 inches wide