Portability, ease of use, and versatility!
MAX lets you load up about any bike in your garage, with just an easy lift and without touching your frame. When you are back from the ride, you have the option to leave the rack on the vehicle, remove it until it is needed again.
The MAX racks give you a long list of advantages. Out of the box, we engineered the racks to be really easy to assemble, and include the basic tools just in case you don't have your own. While MAX looks burly, it is made like a top bike- with light and strong alloys and composites to bring the weight down to only 19.5 lbs!
When you are done riding, the light weight makes it easy to toss MAX into your trunk or hatch, or simply hang it on a peg in the garage. Or just leave it on the car ! The MAX's low profile typically won't interfere with any access to the back of the vehicle, and doesn't obscure your license plate or lights. The MAX's rigid construction and integral anti-wobble mean you won't notice if the rack is on -with or without a bike!
When it is time to take a friend, no worries. MAX was designed from the start as a 2 bike system, and all you need to do is plug-in the Plus rack- which only takes 2 bolts - and you have one of the best 2 -bike systems around! Look at the advantages you obtain with the MAX rack:
- No need to remove a wheel from the fork to load the bike
- Only the tires and wheels make contact, no frame contact
- Low platform lift height makes it easy to load/ remove your bike
- Made with top quality aluminum, steel, and composites for light weight/high strength
- Finished with a durable powder coat paint with a reflector for added visibility
- Pro grade webbing straps hold all wheel sizes tightly, and won't score carbon rims
- Accepts road, gravel/cross/MTB, Fat and most e-bike styles without adaptors required
- Integrated anti-wobble tightly secures your rack to your vehicle for silent operation
- Expands in seconds to a great 2 bike rack ( MAX Plus module required)
- Doesn't block lights/ license or trunk/hatch access when on the vehicle
- Easy on or off- takes less than a minute to install / remove
- Easy to store - in the vehicle ( great for first responder use) or just hang it on a hook in the garage
- Easy to assemble, tools are included
- Pro quality Park Tool work station (optional) makes working on bikes at races, etc. same as bike shop
- Custom finish available
SPECIFICATIONS: FITS STANDARD 2 INCH HITCH RECEIVER .
60 pound weight limit with one bike module, 50 pounds with 2 bikes. Accepts road/mountain and fat bikes with wheel and tires from 20 inches up to 29 inches with a 3.5 inch tire or a standard 26 x 5 fat bike style wheel.
Maximum bike wheel base is 49.5 inches.
Assembly is required, with simple hand tools. Tools are supplied . Average assembly time - 15 minutes.
Free 48 state shipping - an additional $45 to $60 savings!
Customers from Alaska, Hi , will be advised of the added surcharge prior to shipping. No international shipping at this time, sorry.
IMPORTANT : do not use the MAX or MAX Plus with bikes that have a front fender or rack, or with a front tire that is unable to hold air or be firmly inflated
With ANY rack, check to see that your exhaust is not directed at your rack/ wheels. If you need to re-direct your exhaust, inexpensive parts are commonly available at auto parts stores to redirect your exhaust
note: may not accept some fat bikes with 27.5 diameter wheels and tires over 4 inches wide